Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Food Journey!

After staying in Austin for 3 years I definitely turned to a true Longhorn, a Tex-Mex lover, and Mexican Martini addict!!!! Austin was just awesome and I miss the place and the food so much:(

But sure life moves on and so did I. It is true for me at least that it is the food that wins my heart to any city. No wonder I loved Bombay the instance I ate the bus stop wale bhaiya ka Bhel! and how could I forget the Scandal Point ka Dosa, Crystal Dhabha, and High Point ice cream, Church Gates Bun Maska, and of course our Sophia College Anna's vada pav :)

My memories of a place are often filled with the food I had and how much I enjoyed :)

Let me do a quick pop quiz of all my favorite eateries around the world. I really won't be surprised if I remember them all :)

Let me start with my first memories:

Raniganj:
  • Not many places to eat out there but among the few outside my Bua's house(Tilak Road)every evening we ate Moori Chop.
  • Big Byte where I remember I used to like the Grilled Sandwiches

    Ranchi:
  • of course my mums food :)specially all her baked spaghetti dishes.
  • Seventh Heaven: Rasam's are my favorite in the world. The Dosas are also amazing
  • Ranchi Club: Chili Baby corns, and Chinese food
  • Ranchi Gymkhana Club: Paneer Chili
  • Arya: Daal(lentils)
  • Doranda Littis are my favorite amongst all :)
  • BIT Dhaba

    Calcutta:
  • Flury's Bread and Pastery's

    Mumbai:
  • Swati - great Gujarati food
  • Kobe's Sizzler - the name says it all. But my favorite is spaghetti and cheese sizzler
  • Sardar's Pav Bhaji: Let me warn you of sinful amounts of ghee that you will consume:)......etc etc etc...I guess I need to stop here. Specially the Mumbai list will go on forever :)and to be honest I am craving for it already!!

    But the point is..I am where there is good spicy vegetarian food. In this section of my blog I will keep updated on MUST-GO places to eat.
  • No comments: